Labor Repose

Labor Repose
LaborPayne during her 6th homebirth (9th baby) at age 44

Monday, September 22, 2008

The Third Level of Creation












Here are a few images from my Spa party. You see a few of my guests receiving their spa massages, pictures of the food table (my knack for food styling comes from my years as a sous chef back in the day), and the lovely young harpist who serenaded us all evening. My guests received neck and hand massages, sipped fruited bubbly mineral water and feasted on vegetarian fare that included spinach quiche, spanikopita (handmade by me!) baked brie, stuffed mushrooms, a centerpiece of fresh fruit and artisan breads, and a lovely star-shaped cake (gifted to me by a talented local caterer and friend). Another part of the centerpiece (depicted in a photo) shows my life list- the top 10 things I want to do before I die. I encouraged my guests not only to make special restive and reflective moments for themselves during their busy days, but to also compose a similar life list composed of goals and activities that are important to them. I encourage you dear reader to do the same. It gets your goals out of your head, and when you share them with another person, it brings them into creation on a whole other dimension. It's important to share our goals to bring the energy of others into their manifestation. Just like this party. I had to have a thought of it first (creation at the primary level), then I had to plan it with the buy-in of others who were involved such as guests, musicians, and service providers (creation at the secondary level), and then I had to follow through and do it (tertiary creation). And so our lives manifest themselves. Create your own Spa for the Spirit. Grab a stick of incense, a candle, a CD of your favorite music, a cup of hot tea, and that book you've been dying to read, and create your own sacred moments in the quiet solitude of your own backyard or barricaded in your bedroom. It doesn't matter what you do with this sacred quiet time, dance, howl, or sit quietly in meditation. The important thing is to do what feeds and replenishes your spirit.



4 comments:

Molly said...

Happy Birthday!

What a nice party. I'm going to remember the "life list" idea.

Molly

KBH said...

HI! I recently had my first homebirth and read your homebirth blog through all of my pregnancy. I met you through mammasource when my husband and I had initially decided to do a homebirth. There's not a lot of support for it where I live in Kansas. It's virtually unheard of. But, I just wanted to say that your blog was/is inspiring and empowering and it confirmed for me that we were doing the right thing for us. My daughter is almost 2 months old and I've had such a wonderful recovery/adjustment back into motherhood. I contribute a lot of this to our empowering homebirth. I think what you do is so important for women!! Thanks so much! If you have time you can watch a slide show I made of my birth at this link: http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6b6f2a6636643e9c8e3b80&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

Thanks again!!!

Ms. Smoochy said...

Happy Birthday! You're right, women often fail to celebrate themselves. And since we are usually the party planners and executors (at least in my house!) who better to plan your perfect party? It looks like the party was a complete success! Congratulations.

LaborPayne said...

Thanks KBH,
I'm glad to hear it.