Labor Repose

Labor Repose
LaborPayne during her 6th homebirth (9th baby) at age 44

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

End of an Era


Yesterday I attended my final board meeting for the healthcare foundation to which I had belonged. It was bittersweet. I look forward to moving on to other board work, like the Health Commission, but I also will miss the terrific folks I worked with at the foundation. I was a great 3 years. I learned so much. Sadly I feel like I gained more than I actually gave. I am proud of the way the foundation is leaving its legacy in the health and wellbeing of citizens on both sides of the state line. I was visiting a school a few weeks ago to find potential clinical sites for my nursing students, and the administrator mentioned the dental screenings all the kids would be getting from this new program... I had to smile inwardly because I knew that program was funded by the foundation. It's good work abounds and reverberates throughout the bi-state area and the impact of it will be felt for (hopefully) generations to come.

1 comment:

K M Flanagan said...

Good for you, Sherry. I am proud of you and proud to know you.
Karen