Labor Repose

Labor Repose
LaborPayne during her 6th homebirth (9th baby) at age 44

Friday, August 14, 2009

FIMR

I've been getting these invitations to attend a FIMR meeting. I've known about them since they started several years ago, but I've not attended one. FIMR stands for Fetal Infant Mortality Review. This group of neonatal and maternal health professionals is charged with critically examining all the fetal deaths within certain high risk zip codes in our city to determine why these babies are dying, and what can be done preventitively to decrease the number of deaths. How cool is that? There is a case review team (whose meeting I will be attending) and a community action team that work to enact the recommendations of the case review team. Their work is overseen by the city Health Commission, the women and infant's health committee- my newest membership. Can't wait to check things out to see how it all works.

No comments: