Labor Repose

Labor Repose
LaborPayne during her 6th homebirth (9th baby) at age 44

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Photos from the Mother's Day Luncheon






Here are photos from the luncheon yesterday. Midwife Cathy (white hair, pink shirt) was honored as one of the 25 Shining Stars (always been a star in my book!) next to Rachel (another midwife) determined to open the next birth center here in town. There's a shot of my table and all my guests. Dr. Palmer a dentist who has done some kick ass research on the relationship between breastfeeding and good dental health (brianpalmerdds.com), Pat, my partner in crime who teaches pediatric nursing, Airick West, president of the KCMO school board, Pakou, local birth activist writing a book of birth stories of women of color, Liz, mom extraordinaire and fellow nursing educator, Mariah (my mini-me) all around birth and breastfeeding advocate and professional volunteer. The final photo is of Liz and I. Another nicely done luncheon, honoring folks who deserve the recognition.

No comments: