Labor Repose

Labor Repose
LaborPayne during her 6th homebirth (9th baby) at age 44

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Travelogue Announcement

I will be giving another travelogue on my trip to Haiti next Monday, May 10th at the Doulas of Kansas City meeting, at 1pm. They meet at Cornerstone Community Church at 74th and Metcalf. Everyone is welcome. I'm actually more busy planning the next trip. I'm taking a couple of collegues and some nursing students to Haiti in September. The honor society would like to collect items for me to take based on the presentation I gave at school. They want to have a 'pad drive'. Now I am thrilled that they want to collect sanitary napkins, however my problem is that ecologically, it may not be a good idea. I'm going to research companies that sale cloth pads and see if we can do some fundraisers to purchase cloth ones instead. I may also steer them toward the purchase of cloth diapers. I'm busy trying to set up birth centers, hospitals and clinics for us to visit. Its fun to watch a new trip take shape. And... I'm also open to doing more travelogues!

No comments: