Labor Repose

Labor Repose
LaborPayne during her 6th homebirth (9th baby) at age 44

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Diquini

I have so so little time to write. Yesterday morning I couldn't get my computer to work, and last night we returned to the compound very late after dark- no internet connection. It has been very eventful, but no time to write. Yesterday and today I go to Diquini Hospital, the smallest of the three hospitals we are being sent to. I spent yesterday with an American midwife, running the maternity ward. Assisted with two births. Will return today. The need is so great. Saw the presidential palace, crumbled in on itself. Looked much worse than on tv. So crowded, so poluted, so many people, so few resources. Have to go, will try to write tonight if we don't get back too late...

No comments: