Labor Repose

Labor Repose
LaborPayne during her 6th homebirth (9th baby) at age 44

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Getting to Hinche in a Cinch

Now the ball is starting to roll. I just received an invitation to teach lactation support to Haitian midwifery students at a hospital in Hinche Haiti. I don't know how far Hinche is from Port au Prince, but it does involve a plane ride. Now it's time to get the universe moving. I need this to happen. I already have a text book to use for the teaching, it's a simple text written for developing world maternity care workers. However it is in Spanish, I need it in French or Creole. I'm trying to contact the publisher and the writer, Dian Doody MD, who happens to be a pediatrician from right here in Missouri. Any assistance you can give Dear Readers would be greatly appreciated. In less than a week, I must get the book translated, printed, and funded, or find another one just as suitable, already written in French, and make plans to travel (probably alone) to a distant city. The universe can pull that off, right?

No comments: