Labor Repose

Labor Repose
LaborPayne during her 6th homebirth (9th baby) at age 44

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Haiti to do list

To prepare for my trip to Haiti, I need to do the following things:
  • get immunized (malaria, tetnus, etc.)
  • create an event page for facebook for donations
  • have two coffee dates with the two folks I know who just returned from Haiti (a captain in the US Public Health Corp who spent two months immunizing people and livestock, and a midwife who recently returned from 2 weeks there) in order to pick their brains
  • learn a few Haitian terms
  • review the history of Haiti to gain some understanding of the culture
  • acquire a digital camera and an extra memory card
  • make my packing list- it will be short, I plan to forgo make-up, and live in scrubs
  • continue to cultivate an open and accepting attitude (I've been re-reading The Four Agreements)
  • organize things at home so as not to unduly burden my husband
  • organize things at work so as not to unduly burden my teaching partner
  • ask for prayer from my church
  • I'll think of other stuff, or you can offer some suggestions

No comments: