Labor Repose

Labor Repose
LaborPayne during her 6th homebirth (9th baby) at age 44

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Mission to Haiti

The facebook event page is up! The "event" is called Mission to Haiti and you can link to it here. Now that I've taken care of getting the work out, I can focus on getting myself ready. I've made an appointment to get my immunizations and a prescription for malaria pills. Today I'll find a French phrase book and a pancho. Someone gave me a wondeful website, Midwifes for Haiti, that was full of practical advice. I still need to contact the list of drug reps I have, to hit them up for medication donations. I will also try to make contacts so that I can visit some of the midwife run birth centers in the outlying areas. I want my soul to be open to whatever the experience brings.

No comments: