Labor Repose

Labor Repose
LaborPayne during her 6th homebirth (9th baby) at age 44

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Three Planes Later...

I woke up this morning in balmy Ft. Lauderdale Florida. We have an early morning flight into Haiti. So far the most noteworthy event of the trip has been that I forgot my cell phone cord, so in a couple of days it will be useless. The temperatures in the 70s that I'm experiencing now, I'm told will seem cold compaired to the weather in Haiti. The sweet young couple I'm traveling with are veterans in foreign relief work, so I listen carefully and do all that I am told. When we arrived at our hotel last night, I saw a black postpartum cat. I could tell she was feeding kittens, and she was scavenging for food. Is this a foreshadowing? My heart remains open, to what the experience holds.

No comments: